INNOVATION MANAGER – 12 MONTH MATERNITY LEAVE CONTRACT BASED IN VICTORIA
Would you like to participate in creating a digital future for the agrifood sector? We are seeking candidates for the position of an Innovation Manager based in Victoria for an initial 12-month maternity leave contract. This position is one of the commercial faces of Food Agility CRC and will be the point of contact for large and small corporate organisations, government agencies and research organisations in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania. The role works closely with industry partners and researchers in the state and across the consortium to provide expertise in project concept development and management, developing collaborations and building partnerships. It also includes identifying commercialisation opportunities.
- Growing the Victorian partnership base.
- Stakeholder engagement with agencies from the state, industry, education and research sectors.
- Identifying R&D and innovation opportunities for Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania entities in industry, government, and education and science sectors to contribute to, and benefit from Food Agility CRC activities.
- Research leader support.
- Key link to the CEO on matters of operation and of local issues.
- Demonstrated experience of partner management and business development including extensive experience in building effective networks.
- Demonstrated experience in securing investment in innovative or research-focused projects.
- A strong existing network with Ag Tech industries including technology providers, transport, producers, processors and government agencies.
- Demonstrated high level expertise in the areas of change management, quality management and project management and in particular the management of high-profile projects.
- Knowledge of issues and policies affecting research and the innovation sector.
- Significant leadership skills including the capacity to initiate lead and manage change in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the management and delivery of services within a complex organisation or consortia.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to lead, direct and influence others, including proven capacity to build and maintain effective and productive relationship with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will be someone who is self-motivated, takes pride in your work and who enjoys working within a positive, practical, outcomes focused culture. We have a world-class team, who are well grounded and are committed to the work we are doing at the cutting edge of innovation in the food and agricultural sector. If you are passionate about the future of the food and agricultural industry in Australia and thrive in a varied role with opportunities for development, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Specific questions and applications (including a current resume and a brief application letter outlining your suitability for the position) are to be forwarded toClare Rutherford, Portfolio Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. The full position description is available here.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8 May 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia on a permanent basis.