Innovation Manager (QLD)
The Innovation Manager role builds the Food Agility presence primarily in Queensland and helps coordinate activities with other nodes. The Innovation Manager supports the CRC’s three Research Theme Leaders. The Manager will work closely with industry partners and researchers in the state and across the consortium to provide expertise in project concept development and management, developing collaborations and building partnerships. This role also includes identifying commercialisation opportunities.
The position is one of the commercial faces of Food Agility CRC and will be the point of contact for large and small corporate organisations, government agencies and research organisations in Queensland.
Growing the Victorian node:
- Raising awareness about Food Agility CRC in Queensland and through domestic and international networks.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for Queensland entities to contribute to, and benefit from Food Agility CRC activities.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships within the Queensland Agribusiness and agritech communities to connect relevant activities.
Stakeholder Engagement with agencies from the state; industry; education; and research sectors:
- Understanding the different industry drivers and needs, and using this knowledge to inform research and development actions and decision making to gain best results i.e. help build better project proposals and adoption pathways.
- Responsible for creating strategic alliances through strategic partnership engagement and networking.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key executive stakeholders and their teams.
Identifying R&D and Innovation opportunities for Queensland entities in industry, government, and education and science sectors to contribute to, and benefit from FACRC activities:
- Providing strategic advice to industry and research partners to identify and articulate the path to market for solutions through FACRC projects.
- Facilitating access to FACRC intellectual property and to international experts and technology.
Research Leader Support:
- Lead and facilitate partner engagement activities including facilitating co-design workshops to establish project concepts for CRC partners.
- Manage the FACRC development of proposals to help researchers structure sound research projects.
- Explore new end-user driven projects.
- For Queensland projects fulfil FACRC reporting and project management requirements (to Research Leaders; Portfolio Manager; CEO; Board; Commonwealth; State investors; etc.).
Key link to the CEO on matters of operation and of local issues:
- Assistance with, and monitoring of, the adoption of project outcomes and industry skills capacity building.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience of strategic partner management and business development including extensive experience in building effective networks.
- A strong existing network with Ag Tech industries including technology providers, transport, producers, processors and government agencies.
- Demonstrated high level expertise in the areas of change management, quality management and project management and in particular the management of high-profile projects.
- Knowledge of issues and policies affecting research and the innovation sector.
- Significant leadership skills including the capacity to initiate lead and manage change in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the management and delivery of services within a complex organisation or consortia.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to lead, direct and influence others, including proven capacity to build and maintain effective and productive relationship with a wide range of stakeholders.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to our Portfolio Manager Clare Rutherford email@example.com
Applications close 15 November 2019.