Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
We're thrilled that Food Agility's CEO, Dr Mike Briers has been recognised in the Queen's Birthday honours roll. He has been made an AO, Officer in the General Division of the Order of Australia for his distinguished service to the finance and digital technology sectors, particularly in the area of data intensive research and analysis, to higher education, and to Judo.
Dr Brier's services in the finance and digital technology sectors:
- Chief Executive Officer, Securities Industry Research Centre of Asia-Pacific, 2001-2015.
- Director, RoZetta Technology, 2012-2015.
- Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Knowledge Economy Institute, since 2015.
- Director, The Yield, since 2015. Acting Director, Sense-T, 2014.
- Advisory Council Member, Centre for International Finance and Regulation, 2012-2015
- Founding Member, Conscious Capitalism Australia, since 2012.
- Founding Chief Executive Officer, Intersect Australia, 2008-2009.
- Founding Member, Capital Markets Co-operative Research Centre, 2001.
- Member, Prime Minister's Knowledge Nation IOC, 2015.
- Industry Professor, University of Technology Sydney, since 2015 and Adjunct Professor, 2008-2012.
- Associate Professor of Business, University of New South Wales, 1998-2003.
- Recipient, Prime Minister's Award for University Teaching (Business and Economics), 1998.
- President, Judo Federation of Australia, 2012-2014. President, Judo New South Wales, 2011-2012.